THE PARTS STORE ARENT HELPING ME CHOOSE WHICH ...

1999 Saturn SL2

Edweezy21

April, 2, 2013 AT 9:33 PM

The parts store aren't helping me choose which are the best brands of spark plugs and wires for my Saturn SL2 1.9L. I tried going to Advance Auto Parts website but a whole bunch of different brands pop up with mixed reviews on all of them. So my question since you guys are the experts, what would you guys recommend for me?

Edweezy21

April, 2, 2013 AT 9:35 PM

It has a manual transmission. I'm not sure if that matters.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2013 AT 1:55 AM

For that car I would put in NGK copper plugs as far as wires go I would use some good wires like ac delco ones or some Nippon denso wires also Bosch wires would be fine.

Edweezy21

April, 3, 2013 AT 11:45 AM

Thank you. That's all I wanted from the parts stores was a straight answer and they couldn't even do that. Thank you.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2013 AT 1:58 PM

Your welcome that's what were here for.

Edweezy21

April, 4, 2013 AT 9:19 PM

Is Autolite Professional Series Ignition spark plug wires any good? If not, I'm going to go with the AC Delco set.

saturntech9

April, 5, 2013 AT 2:46 AM

I would just put the ac delco ones thats the ones I put on my Saturn.

Edweezy21

April, 8, 2013 AT 9:15 PM

I completely forgot to ask about the PCV valve for my car. I see some that have an "elbow" type PCV vavle and some that are just straight. Which one do I need and does the brand of it really matter? Can you also show me a diagram of where the PCV valve is please? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

saturntech9

April, 9, 2013 AT 3:06 AM

You need the elbow one also the pcv is in the upper right hand corner of the valve cover while your facing the engine.I would get a ac delco one.

Edweezy21

April, 10, 2013 AT 11:07 PM

Ok thanks a lot. I installed the NGK plugs and AC Delco wires and my car runs way better than before now. Thanks for all the advice.

saturntech9

April, 11, 2013 AT 1:48 AM

Your welcome anytime.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element