Can you still hook up a diagnostics on the motor.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1999 SATURN SL1

Can you still hook up a diagnostics on the motor? As in timing ATDC/BTDC, Coil output. Plug firing. You can't not depend on The computer or O2 sensor for a week misfire in 1 of the cylinders as in troubleshooting engine codes. If have a bad plug or plug wire and the engine is running rich because of this e o2 sensor will just lean out the injectors. The O2 sensor will only change 1+ or -1 and if you live not far from work this could take weeks for the O 2 sensor & computer for there I adjustment. That the reason if you I wanted change from low octane to higher octane fuel have to run 5 tanks because the o2 sensor in the unless you drive a car 200 miles unless you drive a car 200 miles on a hot day every car I have driven with the has benefited from has benefited from high octane gas

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 AT 10:27 PM

SATURNTECH9

So what is the problem a code P0301 kneeps setting?Is it a constant miss fire on cylinder one?You can see o2 sensor readings fuel trims spark timing etc on a scan tool. But if you just have a cod po301 then I wouldn't be looking at those readings.I would be looking at compression spark wires plugs etc. You don't have platnuim plugs in the engine do you?Or carbon tracked plugs and wires?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 AT 10:40 PM
WRENCHTECH

I'm afraid not much of anything is true in that statement. The 0/2 sensor makes instantaneous corrections and the computer makes both short term and long term adaptions. The timing isn't even adjustable.

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 AT 10:43 PM
WRENCHTECH

Looks like we posted at the same time Louie.

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 AT 10:45 PM
SATURNTECH9

No problem my friend it happens lol hope you and your family are doing well its been a while since we talked.

Sunday, March 24th, 2013 AT 2:47 AM

Related Oxygen Sensor O2 Wiring Harness Questions

Help us by donating