I JUST WENT TO A NEW REPAIR SHOP AND THE ...

• karenscheltema@gmail.com
  • 1999 Saturn SL1

I just went to a new repair shop and the mechanic charged me $92 in labor to change spark plugs from ones that were the wrong type (Bosch) to put in AC Delco. Was I overcharged? Was the info given to me correct?

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 7:26 PM

• saturntech9

Were the Bosch plugs you had in there platnuim ones?Also I hope the new plugs were copper ones?Was 92 total for labor and parts? Also whats your zip code so I can see what that job cost in your area.

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 8:14 PM
  • karenscheltema@gmail.com

The Bosch were platinum ones; the new ones are copper. The spark plugs were $11.84/plug and I had 4, so roughly $45. $92 was labor only. My zip is 55435. Thanks for looking into this.

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 11:07 PM
  • saturntech9

Yes platnuim plugs carbon foul in those engines so putting copper plugs in was a good choice.I have 61-78 labor and for platnuim or iridium plugs 48-72.I think 11 something each plug for copper is way too high. They should only be a few dollars each.

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 AT 2:42 AM