DOOR LOCK

1999 Saturn SC2

Imogene

June, 9, 2011 AT 11:37 AM

Saturn cs2 1999 left door wont unlook with key it seems to turn ok but seems like a connecting rod might be detached am I thinking right and if so how do I remove panel clips to gain access.

saturntech9

June, 9, 2011 AT 7:17 PM

It does sound like the lock rod came off the arm of the lock cyclinder. Do you have power windows or crank windows?

Imogene

June, 9, 2011 AT 8:22 PM

Power windows and it unlocks by pushing the unlock button on rh door drivers door. This car is right hand drive.

saturntech9

June, 9, 2011 AT 9:48 PM

Posted how to replace the window motor but it tells you how to remove the door panel first that will give you access to find out whats going on with that lock rod. Again it sound's like the rod that comes off the door lock cylinder to the door latch came off. Let me know what you find.

Imogene

June, 10, 2011 AT 12:41 AM

Thank you will try and get back to you.

saturntech9

June, 10, 2011 AT 12:52 AM

Your welcome keep me posted.

Imogene

June, 11, 2011 AT 9:36 PM

Hi took off trim panel but could not see up to key barrel area is there a way to remove key lock or out side handle from out side?

Thanks for your help in this.

saturntech9

June, 11, 2011 AT 9:40 PM

All you have to do is put your hand in there and feel if the lock rod is attached I have done that many times. Let me know what you find.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation