I HAVE A 99 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT 3

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

kjlowe12

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:19 AM

I have a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, 3.8L V6, automatic. The sway bar is broken, and about a month ago I popped my front passenger tire, because I ran in to a drain hole. Also, about 2 weeks before that, the same tire was flat when I came outside from one of my classes. Last night, my car started to jerk to the right, randomly. This has never happened before. Any idea what's wrong with my car?

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

You have answered your own question. The sway bar has to be replaced with the end links.

kjlowe12

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:23 AM

But the sway bar has been broken for months. I've been told the upper and lower ball joints, and the tie rod end.

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

By who. Any shop with any sense would tell you to replace the sway bar first as it fits all your concerns.

Start there and then see what happens.

kjlowe12

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

I was told by my dad and my friends dad. But, wouldn't my car have been jerking the whole time, since my sway bar broke? I'm not trying to like question you nor what you know. It's just my dad thinks he knows everything, and unless I fully explain everything, he'll think you're wrong, and point me in the wrong direction.

November, 5, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

After 45 years, it is common sense to replace the broken piece first. The sway bar is a vital part of the suspension. You are stressing the front end parts by driving it the way it is.

You can believe me or not but the sway bar is square one.

Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Upper Control Arm Replacement