HOW WOULD I CHECK FOR A BAD HEAD GASKET?THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

1999 Plymouth Breeze

rueyburnette

September, 24, 2012 AT 8:59 PM

Could you tell me more about checking to see if I have a bad head gasket on my 1999 Plymouth breeze?I am really concerned about the cost of getting it fixed as well, I am buying the car from superior auto here in Marion Indiana, and I have a very limited income right now, I live alone so paying my bills is rough, and I was hoping that I got a good car, it runs really good, and I thought I would not have a big repair bill since I purchased it { As Is], my father used to help me with car repairs, but he passed away, and I am stuck all alone, Please and thank You-Ruey Burnette/

saturntech9

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:02 PM

Why do you suspect it has a head gasket issue?

rueyburnette

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:17 PM

Well I do not know for sure about the head gasket, but I was reading your replies as to why my heater is not heating up right and the temp gauge never moves up, even after I drive it for a while, I changed the thermostat and the cooling system is full, and one of the replies that I got back from asking you was that it could possibly a bad head gasket.

saturntech9

September, 24, 2012 AT 11:29 PM

A bad head gasket causing the heater to not work I don't remember saying that. Are you sure it wasn't one of the other moderators?We have a lot of them. Post the link to the heater question on this question.

rueyburnette

September, 25, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

OK, It Could have been another person, guess I got switched around some where on here sorry, But on my car I Have changed the thermostat and the cooling system is full but the heater does not heat up, the temp gauge when I drive it to work or around town does not hardly even move, and I was trying to figure out what might be wrong, I live alone and have a limited income working and trying to pay my bills, I just bought the car from Superior Auto here in Marion, it runs great and I was hoping to be able to find out what and how much it will cost to get it fixed so I have heat the A/c works great, Thank you

rueyburnette

September, 25, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

Yes it was not you that told me it could be a bad head gasket, it was someone name Roy, but he said it could be the head gasket or the clogged heater core, or Air in the system, which I do not know what that means either, My Father used to help me with car repairs but he passed away, and I have never owned a car like this Plymouth Breeze I love it, but just got to get to be familiar with it more, like the battery not being on top instead of they but it in the fender well, never in my life have I seen a design like that, Thank you again sir.

September, 25, 2012 AT 1:07 PM

It was me.

A shop can pressure up the cylinders to verify the head gasket. About 1 hour in labor.

saturntech9

September, 25, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

Or you can rent a chemical tester from auto zone for free and you have to just buy the chemical for about 10.

rueyburnette

September, 25, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

OK Well Thank you for your time, I am going to take it in to get it fixed and checked out, I need to get the blower fixed to the fan works but only runs on high. It will not run on low are medium, just on high, so I am going to take it to Zurcher tire and let them check it out for me, I need it fixed, my only transportation to work, thank you-Ruey Burnette

saturntech9

September, 25, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

When can help you fix the blower if you. Want it could just be a bad resistor card.

rueyburnette

September, 25, 2012 AT 11:52 PM

OK I Would Like That Very Much, Is This a Task That I Can Do Myself?I Wish you could just come and do it for me I need a man in my life.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20