MY CAR IS "MISSING" WHAT COULD IT BE?

• Jstephens
  • 1999 Oldsmobile Alero

I accelerated my car really hard so that I could get my speed up and get out of the way of another car, when my car was picking up speed it started shaking and it decelerated on its own, it was going really slow even though I was giving it gas, when I stopped at the stop sign the car died. I changed the coils, the catalic converter, the spark plugs and the boots with them, I also changed the fuel filter and that was the only thing that seemed to make the car better, it will start now without being jumped off, when we pulled the fuel filter it was like pouring mud like substance out of it could the fuel injectors be stopped up or what else could it be.
Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 2:13 AM

• rivermikerat

Yes, it's possible. It sounds as though the fuel system was contaminated somehow.

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 3:38 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

THe injectors could be plugged, but before checking that, check fuel pump pressure. Make sure it is within spec.

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 AT 3:39 AM