1999 NISSAN SENTRA

• fattire
  • 1999 Nissan Sentra
  • automatic

The other day, I came out to go to work and when I turned the car on, the check engine light came on and the front left headlight is out. Came home and looked at the bulb (not burned out) and replaced it anyway. Light still does not come on, waiting to put the code reader on to see what the engine trouble is. This car has had electrical problems in the past, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, May 1st, 2011 AT 11:00 PM

• KHLow2008

Get the trouble code and post it here so we can understand what is causing it.

The headlight should be a separate problem, unless the trouble code is triggered by something that shares the same ground ciruit connection as the left headlight and that connection is bad.

Are both high and low beams out for the headlight?

Attached is a schematics for the headlight. Get a test lamp or DVOM to test the presence of power supply to the headlght when light switchis turned on.

Ensure the ground circuit connection for the left headlight is clean and secure.

Monday, May 2nd, 2011 AT 1:29 AM