WONT TURN ON

1999 Mitsubishi Galant

MrPATT

April, 14, 2011 AT 3:52 PM

I have a 1999 mitsubishi galnt that just turned off on me when I was driving in the middle of the road I have check to see if it was alternator was good spark also. I have also taken off the airintake covered it with my hand and tried to turn it on to see if it would choke or have a scent of gas smell nothing. Well now the only option I have is that its the fuel pump but is it located underneath the gas tank or in the firewall cause I have little time to fix the the car going since I have a road trip to make soon please help

Docfixit

April, 14, 2011 AT 4:26 PM

Fuel pump inside tank must be removed. Spary carb cleaner in air intake crank se if it fires

MrPATT

April, 15, 2011 AT 12:54 PM

Already took it out replaced the fuel pump and still wont turn on I even changed the spark plugs and well I noticed that it now turns the engine a bit better but still no fuel going into the carb could it be something electrical? Cause well now I can hear the pump go but still nothing.

Docfixit

April, 15, 2011 AT 4:57 PM

Fuel system is computer controled fuel injection so no carb. Check for power to injector pull off connector key on see if power on RED wire. If yes reconnect have helper crank engine do injectors click?

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram