I JUST HAD MY CAR TOWED HOME

1999 Mitsubishi Galant

Anonymous

March, 18, 2013 AT 5:44 PM

I just had my car towed home.I have replaced the alternator, battery, thermostat, water pump/timing belt, now it stopped running and this morning it seemed like it was losing more and more power til its was dead. I had it jumped off and it only lasted 5 mins and in that five minutes every electrical thing in the car stopped working. What do I do from here? I need my car asap!

caradiodoc

March, 18, 2013 AT 8:01 PM

The generator is not recharging the battery while you're driving. The new generator could be defective, but more likely there is a blown fuse in the under-hood fuse box, a break in the large wire between the generator's output terminal and the battery, or a break in the wire from the instrument cluster to the generator that tells it when to turn on. The clue to that last wire is the "battery" warning light will never turn on.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro