THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ICON FLASHES ON AND OFF WHEN THE CAR IS IN TWO WHEEL DRIVE,

1999 Mitsubishi Challenger

Vince Della Croce

September, 4, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

When the car is in four wheel drive the icon on the dash is on all the time as it should be, when I take it out of four wheel drive it starts to flash as it should but stays flashing. Could it be the four wheel drive relays on the automatic gearbox playing up, if so where are they situated and are they easily replaced.

September, 5, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

No, there is a malfunction in the control side. You need a shop with a scan tool to look at the code to find the area of failure.

Vince Della Croce

September, 5, 2012 AT 5:35 AM

Thank you ASEMaster6371 i'll give the auto mechanics a go

Vince Della Croce

September, 5, 2012 AT 5:38 AM

Is it still ok to drive on and off road till I can get it looked at?

September, 5, 2012 AT 11:00 AM

As long as it is acting ok. Dont wait too long

dero54

September, 11, 2013 AT 6:27 PM

Hi, same trouble I had mine is a right hand drive, if you look under your bonnet you might just see it, if you take back the rubber flap on the right front under your guard there you can see 2 pipes going to a vacuum type of thing it called a Freewheel Clutch Solenoid Valve, you have to change the complete thing solved my problem of flashing 4 wheel drive light flashing all the time, you can get them on ebay, they are called Freewheel Clutch Solenoid Valve
regards
dero54

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy