GAUGES NOT WORKING

1999 Mercury Mystique

MUDNROX2251

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:00 PM

Car died on the highway. Alternator went out, but before it went out the gauges quit working and the AC stopped blowing very hard. Replaced the alternator. The battery still needs replaced. Now the gauges still arent working. The illumination and blinkers work but nothing else. Also when the car comes to a stop the radio shuts off until you give the car gas again as if it wasnt getting power and AC blows slower and hotter. Not sure if this is all from one thing or individual issues. Checked all fuses and all are good. MOstly concerned about the gauges because the fuel and temp gauges are stuck where they were and we have no rpm or speed. HELP!

saturntech9

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:06 PM

Heres a question did you ever see if the alternator was charging after you replaced the alternator?If not thats where I would start.

MUDNROX2251

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Yes I tested the voltage at the battery once the alternator was changed and it was around 14.5v

saturntech9

July, 2, 2012 AT 9:04 PM

Have you had the battery tested yet?Also tested the voltage at the battery when the radio shuts off and blower blows slower?

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement