TRIED TO SELL ME MOTOR MOUNTS

• mms123
  • 1999 Mercury Mystique

I believe I have the same problem with my Mercury Mystique as stated by owner with 169K. My 1999 Mercury Mystique has 105K. Recently it started to want to shift as I was driving on the highway or a kick back movement.

No one seems to know what the problem is--one business tried to sell me motor mounts and another without an inspection said it might be a transmission converter. I plan on taking to to a reliable auto shop for a diagnosis. I thought driving up an incline triggered the movement but it started to act up driving on straight level roads around town. The action first occurred on the highway. I do not want to send money on a part that is not needed.

Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 2:09 AM

• KHLow2008

Get a scan to check for trouble codes. Most parts stores provides free scanning services and it might give some idea what could be wrong if trouble codes are stored.

Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 6:56 AM