HOW DO I CHECK MY CAR'S ENGINE OIL LEVEL

1999 Mercedes Benz C200

PJudeel

November, 19, 2011 AT 9:50 PM

How do I check my Mercedes 1999 200 C engine oil level. Where is the dipstick located?

Oil Level

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

billymac

November, 19, 2011 AT 9:53 PM

Dipstick is located at the rear of the engine oppisite the exhaust manafold.

PJudeel

November, 19, 2011 AT 10:57 PM

Hi Billymac. Thanks for your reply. I can see the Dipstic housing that goes to the engin, but no dipstic self. Some mechanics say that this model do not have any engin dipstic. But it have something like an electronic unit that warns you when the oil level is getting low. Is that true?

billymac

November, 20, 2011 AT 10:06 PM

Hi yes with a mb this is most likely true no warning oil is ok.

billymac

November, 20, 2011 AT 10:06 PM

Yes this is true with some mercedes.

PJudeel

November, 25, 2011 AT 2:45 PM

Hi Billymac. Thank you so mutch for your help. Only one more please ! My 1999 mercedes C 200 aircon only send cool air through the left side of the dash. At the right side and Centre vents only very hot air is comming through. The settings are all set right for the aircon to make cold. Is there anything I can do

billymac

November, 25, 2011 AT 10:11 PM

Hi there are blend door motors that control heat and air displacement. These turn cold air on or off when required.
These are located under dash on heater box. They are controlled electronicly and by vacum. Maybe a vacum hose is loose or off the motor for the vents effected.

Sometimes everything is hooked up and working but the motor is just bad. This is paticularly common if the vehicle has ever been in a flood. Good luck. Billymac

PJudeel

November, 27, 2011 AT 2:14 PM

Hi Billy. Thanks my friend. I do appreciate. Some person recommended me to undo the feeding water hose to the heater unit infront under the bonnit on the righthand side, and to block it off. Is it safe to do that? If so, please explain to me how I must block it off. Here in South Africa it's summer and very hot. If this is blocked of, will the aircon be making cold?

billymac

November, 27, 2011 AT 5:04 PM

Hi yes you can block it off. Under the hood you will see two rubber hoses that go right into the back of your dash they connect by two clamps disconnect these hoses get a connector like a small pipe. Insert inside these hoses connecting them so fluid will flow through them and no heat will go into the car. Good luck.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger