Discovery 2 alarm and eka issues

MF1200ARTIC
  • 1999 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 2
Hi, ive just put a 4.6 into my discovery 2 and as it was not fitted quickly, it did take several months to get it all right, I had to put the eka in to get all the systems up and running ready for fire up, all went well and the eka went in ok and the first fire up was good, but after switching of to check fluids and things it went into lock out again, and the remotes would not lock or open the car, so I got a man around with a autologic thing and he tunned in the keys and all went well it locked unlocked and started ok, the following morning my wife unlocked the car and put it out side our gate for a valet and clean up, she did this over a few hours, then it went into lock out again, and it lost the remotes and has not started or ran without eka since, one man said alarm reciver so I bought and fitted man with autologic came to reset fobs but now the car says it cant find the keys ie fobs he has inputted the key nos but there is no signal either to or from the reciever for the keys to pick up, ive done switch cleaner around all the bcu plugs and now im sick of trying things, should I break it for spares, its a shame as its a good looking car, please help, regards andy
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

Here is the proper way to redo the eka. It soundslike it needs to be resyncronized. But make sure batteries in key fobs are in good condition.
EMERGENCY┬ KEY┬ ACCESS┬ (EKA)

NOTE: Before┬ attempting┬ an┬ Emergency┬ Key┬ Access┬ (EKA), ┬ ensure┬ remote┬ transmitter┬ batteries┬ are┬ in┬ good┬ condition.┬ If┬ batteries┬ are┬ no┬ good┬ or┬ replacement
procedure┬ takes┬ more┬ than┬ 60┬ seconds, ┬ remote┬ transmitter┬ will┬ require┬ resynchronization.

NOTE: If┬ either┬ front┬ door┬ is┬ opened┬ while┬ entering┬ an┬ EKA┬ code, ┬ a┬ mislock┬ will┬ be┬ indicated.┬ The┬ door┬ must┬ be┬ closed┬ and┬ key┬ locked┬ and┬ the┬ code┬ entered┬ from┬ the
beginning.┬ This┬ does┬ not┬ count┬ as┬ an┬ incorrect┬ code┬ entry.┬ The┬ EKA┬ code┬ will┬ not┬ be┬ recognized┬ if┬ there┬ is┬ an┬ interval┬ of┬ 10┬ seconds┬ or┬ more┬ between┬ key┬ turns
or┬ if┬ the┬ key┬ is┬ held┬ turned┬ for┬ 5┬ seconds┬ or┬ more┬ during┬ the┬ procedure.

Emergency┬ Key┬ Access┬ (EKA)┬ allows┬ anti theft┬ system┬ to┬ be┬ disarmed┬ and┬ engine┬ to┬ be┬ mobilized┬ when┬ a┬ remote┬ transmitter┬ malfunctions.┬ EKA┬ requires┬ that┬ a┬ 4 digit┬ code┬ be┬ entered┬ using┬ the┬ key┬ and┬ the┬ driver's
door┬ lock.┬ The┬ 4 digit┬ code┬ is┬ either┬ a┬ number┬ assigned┬ to┬ the┬ vehicle┬ and┬ found┬ on┬ the┬ security┬ information┬ card┬ or┬ a┬ default┬ number┬ obtainable┬ from┬ the┬ manufacturer.┬ With┬ vehicle┬ locked, ┬ alarm┬ system┬ armed, ┬ and┬ key
inserted┬ in┬ driver's┬ door┬ lock┬ cylinder, ┬ turn┬ key┬ as┬ specified┬ (key┬ must┬ be┬ fully┬ turned┬ to┬ rest┬ and┬ lock/unlock┬ position┬ each┬ time):

1. Insert┬ key┬ into┬ driver's┬ door┬ lock, ┬ turn┬ to┬ the┬ unlock┬ position┬ and┬ hold┬ for┬ at┬ least┬ 5┬ seconds.┬ There┬ will┬ be┬ an┬ audible┬ warning┬ when┬ the┬ BCU┬ is┬ ready┬ to┬ accept┬ the┬ code.┬ Return┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ the┬ rest┬ position.┬ It┬ is
now┬ possible┬ to┬ use┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ enter┬ the┬ separate┬ numerical┬ values┬ of┬ the┬ 4┬ digits┬ that┬ make┬ up┬ the┬ EKA┬ code.
2. If┬ the┬ first┬ digit┬ is┬ 4, ┬ turn┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ the┬ unlock┬ position┬ 4┬ times.┬ Ensure┬ key┬ is┬ fully┬ returned┬ to┬ rest┬ position┬ after┬ each┬ turn┬ of┬ the┬ key.
3. If┬ the┬ second┬ digit┬ is┬ 3, ┬ turn┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ the┬ lock┬ position┬ 3┬ times.┬ Ensure┬ key┬ is┬ fully┬ returned┬ to┬ rest┬ position┬ after┬ each┬ turn┬ of┬ the┬ key.
4. If┬ the┬ third┬ digit┬ is┬ 2, ┬ turn┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ the┬ unlock┬ position┬ 2┬ times.┬ Ensure┬ key┬ is┬ fully┬ returned┬ to┬ rest┬ position┬ after┬ each┬ turn┬ of┬ the┬ key.
5. If┬ the┬ fourth┬ digit┬ is┬ one, ┬ turn┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ the┬ lock┬ position┬ one┬ time.┬ Ensure┬ key┬ is┬ fully┬ returned┬ to┬ rest┬ position┬ after┬ each┬ turn┬ of┬ the┬ key.
6. Finally, ┬ turn┬ the┬ key┬ to┬ the┬ unlock┬ position┬ and┬ back┬ to┬ rest┬ position, ┬ a┬ double┬ beep┬ will┬ indicate┬ that┬ the┬ code┬ has┬ been┬ entered┬ correctly.┬ A┬ single┬ beep┬ indicates┬ that┬ the┬ code┬ has┬ been┬ entered┬ incorrectly.
7. Before┬ opening┬ the┬ door, ┬ WAIT┬ 5┬ minutes┬ for┬ the┬ alarm┬ and┬ immobilizer┬ to┬ be┬ deactivated.┬ DO┬ NOT┬ open┬ the┬ door┬ or┬ attempt┬ to┬ enter┬ the┬ vehicle┬ until┬ the┬ full┬ delay┬ period┬ has┬ elapsed.
8. During┬ the┬ 5┬ minute┬ wait┬ for┬ the┬ alarm┬ and┬ immobilizer┬ to┬ be┬ deactivated, ┬ the┬ alarm┬ indicator┬ LED┬ in┬ the┬ instrument┬ panel┬ will┬ continue┬ to┬ flash┬ (one┬ flash┬ every┬ 2┬ seconds).
9. When┬ the┬ 5┬ minute┬ wait┬ has┬ elapsed, ┬ the┬ alarm┬ indicator┬ LED┬ will┬ stop┬ flashing.┬ Immediately┬ open┬ the┬ door, ┬ insert┬ key┬ into┬ the┬ ignition┬ switch┬ and┬ turn┬ to┬ RUN┬ position.┬ The┬ ignition┬ switch┬ must┬ be┬ turned┬ to┬ RUN
position┬ within┬ 30┬ seconds┬ of┬ the┬ end┬ of┬ the┬ 5┬ minute┬ wait┬ or┬ the┬ BCU┬ will┬ automatically┬ immobilize┬ the┬ engine┬ again.
10. If┬ an┬ incorrect┬ code┬ is┬ entered, ┬ an┬ audible┬ warning┬ is┬ emitted┬ and┬ the┬ procedure┬ must┬ be┬ repeated.┬ Up┬ to┬ 10┬ attempts┬ to┬ enter┬ the┬ correct┬ code┬ are┬ possible.┬ After┬ 10┬ attempts, ┬ the┬ BCU┬ will┬ not┬ allow┬ any┬ further
you may have to go to dealerfor resyncronization of this.
Mislock

Body┬ Control┬ Unit┬ (BCU)┬ will┬ prevent┬ locking┬ and┬ a┬ mislock┬ will┬ occur┬ if┬ the┬ driver's┬ door┬ is┬ not┬ fully┬ closed, ┬ the┬ ignition┬ switch┬ on, ┬ the┬ inertia┬ switch┬ is┬ tripped┬ or┬ the┬ vehicle┬ is┬ already┬ superlocked.
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 7:30 PM
MF1200ARTIC
HI THANKS FOR THE INFO, IVE COVERED THE AREAS YOU MENTION MANY TIMES AND STILL NO LUCK THE LAST TECH GUY SAID THAT HE COULD NOT GET THE KEY FOB PLIPS TO TALK TO THE RECIEVER AND UNTILL I SORTED THAT IT COULD NOT BE ALL SYNCED TOGETHER, BUT IVE CHECKED THE PLUG AND WIRES AT THE RECIEVER AND THE BCU HAD IT ALL OUT AND CHECKED IF THERE WAS CORROSION BUT NONE, IVE A POWER PROBE BUT NOT GREAT WITH IT, SHOULD I CHECK THE WIRES FROM BCU TO THE ROOF ANTENA.
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 10:57 PM
Ya check those to the antenna but also check your body grounds as they may be the culprit as well. I'm sendign a cople of diagrams to check grounds. And it seems everything goes through the idm. Whatever that is. Also the following is an interesting tidbit I picked up that may be your cause as well.
The┬ following┬ manufacturing┬ details┬ are┬ programmed┬ into┬ the┬ BCU┬ which┬ can┬ be┬ accessed┬ using┬ TestBook:

? Date┬ of┬ manufacture.
? Hardware┬ version┬ number.
? Unit┬ serial┬ number.
? Odometer┬ reading.

It┬ is┬ not┬ possible┬ to┬ use┬ the┬ diagnostic┬ bus┬ to┬ communicate┬ with┬ the┬ BCU┬ via┬ TestBook┬ when┬ the┬ security┬ system┬ is┬ active┬ (except┬ for┬ passive┬ immobilization).┬ This┬ is┬ a┬ security┬ measure┬ to┬ ensure┬ that┬ no┬ key┬ programming
or┬ market┬ configuration┬ can┬ take┬ place┬ if┬ the┬ operator┬ is┬ not┬ in┬ possession┬ of┬ a┬ valid┬ remote┬ transmitter┬ or┬ the┬ vehicle┬ keys.

The┬ BCU┬ is┬ normally┬ programmed┬ to┬ accept┬ two┬ remote┬ transmitters, ┬ but┬ a┬ further┬ two┬ remote┬ handsets┬ can┬ be┬ programmed┬ into┬ the┬ BCU┬ and┬ one┬ optional┬ Self┬ Levelling┬ Suspension┬ (SLS)┬ transmitter.┬ All┬ remote
transmitters┬ need┬ to┬ be┬ available┬ if┬ TestBook┬ is┬ to┬ be┬ used┬ to┬ re configure┬ the┬ BCU.
+4
Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 AT 7:15 PM

Sponsored links