HEARING CREAKING FROM FRONT RIGHT TIRE

• ChrisBrecht
  • 1999 Isuzu Rodeo
  • manual

I've got a 99 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4. As I drive, I have been hearing a slight creaking coming from the area of the front right tire. It would only make the noise when I was going between 5 and 25 mph. After a while it would go away. I just left my driveway

It began as a sound responsive to my acceleration. Now it's still there, but the heavy grinding while turning. Btw. 180,000. Can I fix this myself. I have never worked under the car before.

Neat Site :-)

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 2:38 AM

• caradiodoc

This is not likely to be a do-it-yourselfer project. You don't even know what the cause is yet. Many suspension parts require special tools and special procedures to prevent other damage. At the very least you need to have the car inspected at a tire and alignment shop to find the source of the noise, then we can figure out if it's something you can handle yourself.

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 3:03 AM