THE BRAKE LIGHT WILL NOT TURN OFF EVEN IF THE KEYS ARE OUT OF THE IGNITION.

1999 Infiniti I30

breyedoc2

July, 17, 2012 AT 2:36 AM

I have checked the fuses but that does not seem to be the problem.

July, 17, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

ON SOME VEHICLES (SUCH AS MY '77 CJ 5 JEEP) THE DARN SWITCH AT THE UPPER END OF THE PEDAL WOULD GET LOOSE--THE SWITCH REMAINED "SPRUNG OUT"...BRAKE LIGHT WOULD REMAIN ON

I DON'T KNOW YOUR VEHICLE BUT THIS IS YOUR SWITCH---MUCH LIKE MY JEEP CJ!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Stoplight-Switch/1999-Infiniti-I30/_/N-jdgetZ9cias?itemIdentifier=18842_0_0_

I HAVE SEEN THE SWITCH ON OTHER CARS BEING "JUST FINE" (LOCATED AT THE TOP OF YOUR PEDAL ARM)

......BUT!!!...A LITTLE RUBBER OR PLASTIC CAP THAT ACTUALLY CONTACTS THE "PLUNGER" HAS FALLEN OR ROTTED OFF---NOW THE PLUNGER REMAINS SPRUNG OUT TOO, WHEN THE PEDAL IS RELEASED

A BIG OLE HAND MIRROR AND A GOOD FLASHLIGHT MAY AID IN SEEING THE SITUATION, THUS KEEPING YOU FROM "CONTORTING", UNTIL YOU MUST!

IT MAY HAVE FALLEN IN YOUR FLOORBOARD, OR YOU MAY HAVE UNKNOWINGLY THROWN IT AWAY.

YOU CAN "IMPROVISE" ONE OF YOU CANNOT FIND A REAL REPLACEMENT---A BIG HARDWARE STORE EMPLOYEE MIGHT FIND YOU JUST THE THING!...MAYBE A CABINET SCREW COVER...A KITCHEN SINK CLIP PROTECTIVE SCREW COVER...ETC

KEEP ME POSTED IN HOW IT'S GOING

breyedoc2

July, 18, 2012 AT 3:22 AM

Yep, that seems to be it but I am unsure how to change it. I will keep you posted if I am able to change it myself. Thanks for the help.

July, 18, 2012 AT 3:35 AM

I'M HERE FOR YA!

July, 18, 2012 AT 3:05 PM

The stopper is plugged in. Start engine with transmission in P handbrakes applied. Depress the brake pedal to gain access for space to push the stopper in. A little lubricant would make the job easier.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy