PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT COULD BE.

1999 Honda Civic

Donald Steve lee

August, 15, 2012 AT 4:20 AM

I have a 1999 Honda civic si with 100,000 miles on it. And it won't start and run unless I pull out the sp sensor alternator Fuse and turn headlight's on or heater on.

August, 15, 2012 AT 11:36 AM

Check for a bad ground circuit for the PCM and sensors.
Are there any trouble codes?

Donald Steve lee

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:58 AM

I really don't no where the PCM sensor is but I did chek every ground I could find. After you replied back to me this morning I tried to start it and I got no fire so I put new coil spark plugs cap and rotary button got it running again now I'm back at the drawing bord doing same thing o2 censors did not look like they wer grounding out. And by the way thanks for the fast reply

August, 16, 2012 AT 9:05 AM

Are there any trouble codes? Most parts store provides free scanning services.

No sparks are usually caused by a nad crank position sensor, behind the timing belt, inside the cover.

Donald Steve lee

August, 16, 2012 AT 2:36 PM

2 coeds. Po108 and po420 cadilatic converter has been cleand out. Wide open. Good to have some one to reply to. Can't thank you guys anuff

August, 16, 2012 AT 2:55 PM

P0108 = MAP sensor circuit high voltage input. This fault could be the cause of the difficult or non starting etc.

However you have been pulling sensors etc so this could be a false alarm. You would need to reset the computer and try starting to see if any codes are triggerred. You would need prolonged cranking time to trigger codes.

As to P0420, with a cleaned out catalytic converter, this code would be present after every 2 starts. There is nothing you can do about it except treplace the catalytic converter.

Donald Steve lee

August, 16, 2012 AT 5:34 PM

It runs perfect. If you have the green plug unplugged to the alternator. And the head light high beams on. And the heater fan on. It will idle and per.

August, 17, 2012 AT 10:48 AM

Have the alternator checked/tested. Seems it is overcharging causing the problem.

Donald Steve lee

August, 17, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

I bet your right because my driver side axle threw grease and some might have got in the alternator. I'm am going to donate to you guys. Thanks

August, 17, 2012 AT 3:45 PM

Hopefully that solves the problem and thanks for the donation.

Have a great weekend.

Donald Steve lee

August, 17, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Hay befor I pull that alternator off is there a voltadge regulator or could it be built in the alternator and you have a good weekend to again thanks for the fast replies

Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty