PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT COULD BE.

• Donald Steve lee
  • 1999 Honda Civic

I have a 1999 Honda civic si with 100,000 miles on it. And it won't start and run unless I pull out the sp sensor alternator Fuse and turn headlight's on or heater on.

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 4:20 AM

• KHLow2008

Check for a bad ground circuit for the PCM and sensors.
Are there any trouble codes?

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 11:36 AM
  • Donald Steve lee

I really don't no where the PCM sensor is but I did chek every ground I could find. After you replied back to me this morning I tried to start it and I got no fire so I put new coil spark plugs cap and rotary button got it running again now I'm back at the drawing bord doing same thing o2 censors did not look like they wer grounding out. And by the way thanks for the fast reply

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 3:58 AM
  • KHLow2008

Are there any trouble codes? Most parts store provides free scanning services.

No sparks are usually caused by a nad crank position sensor, behind the timing belt, inside the cover.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 9:05 AM
  • Donald Steve lee

2 coeds. Po108 and po420 cadilatic converter has been cleand out. Wide open. Good to have some one to reply to. Can't thank you guys anuff

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 2:36 PM
  • KHLow2008

P0108 = MAP sensor circuit high voltage input. This fault could be the cause of the difficult or non starting etc.

However you have been pulling sensors etc so this could be a false alarm. You would need to reset the computer and try starting to see if any codes are triggerred. You would need prolonged cranking time to trigger codes.

As to P0420, with a cleaned out catalytic converter, this code would be present after every 2 starts. There is nothing you can do about it except treplace the catalytic converter.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 2:55 PM
  • Donald Steve lee

It runs perfect. If you have the green plug unplugged to the alternator. And the head light high beams on. And the heater fan on. It will idle and per.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM
  • KHLow2008

Have the alternator checked/tested. Seems it is overcharging causing the problem.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 10:48 AM
  • Donald Steve lee

I bet your right because my driver side axle threw grease and some might have got in the alternator. I'm am going to donate to you guys. Thanks

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:16 PM
  • KHLow2008

Hopefully that solves the problem and thanks for the donation.

Have a great weekend.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:45 PM
  • Donald Steve lee

Hay befor I pull that alternator off is there a voltadge regulator or could it be built in the alternator and you have a good weekend to again thanks for the fast replies

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 4:51 PM