TIMING BELT/DRIVE BELT

1999 Honda Accord

HalleMercado93

December, 18, 2013 AT 6:50 PM

I'm having trouble figuring out why my Honda accords belts came loose. How much will it be to fix this problem? It started squeaking, and I turned it off. I turned it back on again and it started squeaking even louder and then shut down. What was wrong with my car?

Changing Drive Belt

saturntech9

December, 18, 2013 AT 8:00 PM

I cant answer that question unless I know what went bad?Did you belt tenisor fail?

HalleMercado93

December, 18, 2013 AT 9:37 PM

I honestly don't even know what went bad. But I do see that the crankshaft pulley is now loose. The belts didn't break but did come off.

saturntech9

December, 18, 2013 AT 9:45 PM

Those crank bolts holding on the crankshaft pulleys are extremely tight. So whats loose the bolts or the pulley itself.

HalleMercado93

December, 18, 2013 AT 9:48 PM

I can't see clearly but I think it's the crankshaft pulley itself, I can wiggle it with my hand. I'm not sure where the bolts are

saturntech9

December, 18, 2013 AT 10:14 PM

There is one belt dead center of the pulley that holds it on.

HalleMercado93

December, 19, 2013 AT 2:19 AM

The pulley is loose the belts are completely off.

saturntech9

December, 19, 2013 AT 9:18 AM

Alright still doesnt tell me if the center bolt is loose or the crankshaft pulley is broken?Also if the tesioner pulley failed. So is something you were going to fix or have a shop repair?If the shop is going to repair it you will have to have it towed to the shop.

HalleMercado93

December, 19, 2013 AT 5:28 PM

The crankshaft pulley is loose, and I wanna know how much a repair would be if it were to be done by a mechanic

saturntech9

December, 19, 2013 AT 5:45 PM

So is the bolt loose or the pulley broken/coming apart?Also is anything else wrong with the pulleys?Whats your zip code?

HalleMercado93

December, 19, 2013 AT 5:52 PM

I can't see if the bolt is loose I haven't been able to do anything with my car becuz I don't have a jack or something to take the tire off to get a better look. I can't just see from where the good is at. 92253

Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement