WHAT CAN CAUSE GAS AN OIL TO MIX

• srbstn2256
  • 1999 GMC Yukon

Check oilstick an thers a gas smell in oil truck just stall an now its running ver rough

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Could have a bad injector allowing fuel into the oil. Either that or a bad fuel pressure regulator. You need this confirmed as the engine miss is a big clue as to what injector may be malfunctioning.

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 5:47 PM
  • srbstn2256

Yes it has a bad mis an it shut off on me the othjer day so is it a DIY job that I can do. So how could I test injectors or regulator

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 7:02 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

You need a fuel pressure testor, voltmeter and test light. If you have never done this before, I suggest letting a shop verify it for you

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 7:07 PM
  • srbstn2256

Got pressure tester an volt meter an have a little mechanic background so tell me how to check it an I would be very greatfull to u so what do I do

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 7:17 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Turn the key on and see the pressure. Should be around 55-60. Turn the key off and it should remain there or a little lower. If it drops off to 0 then you have a bad injector. By pulling the code for the check light, it will tell you the cylinder for the bad injector.

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 7:24 PM
  • Wrenchtech

This is a Vortec engine and the injectors are not accessible from the outside. Beside a leaking injector, it's very common to have a leaking regulator or line that will give you the same result.

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 7:39 PM