SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL OR NORMAL ENGINE OIL?

1999 Ford Fairmont

au-austen

May, 31, 2012 AT 12:21 AM

Hi 2 Car Pros I am Austen Kirchmann from ST. Patrick s Technical College and I am currently doing a research project in one of my classes. I am currently researching How to perform a basic service on an Au Fairmont? And I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer some questions to help with my research development.

Questions: Would it be better to use a synthetic engine oil rather than real engine oil Is there any order that you should service the car e.G. Should I change the oil before I change the air filter? Can coolant fluid loose its effect of keeping the engine cold after time? If so how often should it be changed? Am I better off buying car gaskets and air filters over the internet? Should I be doing maintenance checks on my transmission regularly?

98 Leaking/burning Oil

Uses Oil

2CarPros Ken

October, 21, 2014 AT 2:28 PM

The big advantage to using synthetic engine oil is that its lasts longer between changes.

Crankcase Ventilation System
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element