SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL OR NORMAL ENGINE OIL?

• au-austen
  • 1999 Ford Fairmont

Hi 2 Car Pros I am Austen Kirchmann from ST. Patrick s Technical College and I am currently doing a research project in one of my classes. I am currently researching How to perform a basic service on an Au Fairmont? And I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer some questions to help with my research development.

Questions: Would it be better to use a synthetic engine oil rather than real engine oil Is there any order that you should service the car e.G. Should I change the oil before I change the air filter? Can coolant fluid loose its effect of keeping the engine cold after time? If so how often should it be changed? Am I better off buying car gaskets and air filters over the internet? Should I be doing maintenance checks on my transmission regularly?

Thursday, May 31st, 2012 AT 12:21 AM

• 2CarPros Ken

The big advantage to using synthetic engine oil is that its lasts longer between changes.

Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 AT 2:28 PM