TRANSMISSION ISSUE

1999 Dodge Ram

JoshHager

June, 24, 2013 AT 10:24 AM

My check engine light came on earlier this past week. I had my local auto parts store check to see what code/s it was pulling. The only one that came up was P1763. The Governor pressure sensor input is to high. I am wondering if replacing the pressure sensor and the solenoid will fix this issue? The truck still runs but it accelerates very slow from a stop. Any information will be helpful. If there is any more info you need let me know so I can get it to you. Thank for the help.

Docfixit

June, 24, 2013 AT 10:43 AM

Numerous reports of P1763 and replacing sensor and solenoid did not fix. Transducer was at fault in one case on several faulty speed sensor. Dodge issued TSB on problem TSB 21-04-00 for trans built before DEC 18,1999 they say fault in valve body and reason it is slow to accelerate trans goes into "limp mode" ie. Third gear. A scan tool will be needed and possible software update so looks like need to take in

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda