NEEDS A MOTOR

1999 Dodge Intrepid

jeanette willma

February, 27, 2014 AT 10:07 AM

The intrepid needs a motor 2.7l w/o egr I found a chrysler concord with a 3.2l been wrecked can I take the moter out and put it into the dodge intreid

caradiodoc

February, 27, 2014 AT 8:16 PM

Normally switching engine sizes on a car grossly-overloaded with unnecessary computers is not practical, but Chrysler has always been famous for making things that interchange between models and years. In this case I am aware of a friend who replaced the not-so-desirable 2.7L with a 3.5L and it runs fine with the same Engine Computer. All that was needed was a slight tweaking of the right exhaust pipe connection to the exhaust manifold. I read about another person doing the same thing, and that was also going to a 3.5L. I don't know if that will work with the 3.2L. Until someone tells me otherwise, I'd stick with the 2.7L or the 3.5L so you'll know you don't have to worry about changing the transmission, engine mounts, Body Computer, Engine Computer, exhaust pipes, and wiring harnesses.

problem2002

July, 26, 2014 AT 12:15 AM

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with a 2.7 blown. I read about the 3.5 is there two 3.5 with one begin a high output motor and will it work. I see it has a runner valve. Is there a plug in my se harness for that motor

caradiodoc

July, 26, 2014 AT 1:02 AM

Can't help you with that. Professionals don't change engine sizes. I only know on this model it can be done, but I don't know the specifics.