CAR STARTS FINE BUT ENGINE STALLS TOUCHING GAS PEDAL OR PULLING ON THROTTLE BODY CABLE

1999 Dodge Intrepid

Jetp13

August, 7, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

Coming back into parking deck fuel tank on 1/8 of a tank going up level car decided to completely die. Figured it may be a fuel quantity issue so grabbed a can and added about 2 gallons of gas. Car is on pretty much a level plane will start fine. No issue with starting and will run at idle for 10 minutes at 900 Rpms. As soon as I start to touch the gas pedal the engine stalls out. Tried reving the engine by using the throttle cables and it dies. Seems that the it dies when the cable that connects to I guess would be the fuel pump? ( Not cable that is connected to the pedal is pulled) anybody have any ideas! Bad fuel pump?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

August, 7, 2012 AT 6:43 PM

Check fuel pressure first. Then we will continue from there.

August, 7, 2012 AT 7:09 PM

Is the MIL indicating?

Jetp13

August, 7, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

Fuel gauge is indicating fuel in the tank, so I'm assuming pressure in the line. FYI living in apartment complex so no access to major tools etc. Like I said no issue starting up the car.
But as soon as I try giving it gas the engine stalls out? Going back to the fuel pressure if the engine starts and idles for 20 minutes should there technically be fuel pressure and flow?

Looked for blown fuses and even swapped fuses around to see if that was an issue. No dice
Check engine light is on. Could it be a clogged fuel filter/ line?

August, 7, 2012 AT 9:32 PM

CEL On-Have the computer scanned for code/s and comeback with it if there's any present-start here