WHY DOES THE SEPENTINE BELT COME OFF WHEN IT IS EXPOSED TO WATER...EX: RAIN,PUDDLES?

1999 Dodge Caravan

Soccermomvan

October, 8, 2011 AT 9:29 PM

I have replaced the pulleys and the belt itself.

mhpautos

October, 8, 2011 AT 9:50 PM

Often when this happens there is a worn bearing on one of the pulleys that is causing a slight misalignment, often not even noticeable, if the tensioner is new, I would be looking carefully at all the bearings that carry the belt pulleys and also a close look at the harmonic balance as well, may sure that there is no wobble when it runs.

rptasiuk

February, 26, 2012 AT 9:30 PM

Very common problem that can cause this is the belt tensioner. Look to see if the belt is in perfect alignment with all pillows. The tensioner usually gets bent off alignment and needs replacing.

EvilSanta

February, 28, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

I had the same problem on my 1996 Grand Voyager. I changed the belt and that took care of it. The simple fix it the best unlees your the repairman then do all the rest first. The belt was replaced 4 years ago and it hasn't jumped off again so now I can play in the puddles again. Good luck

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue