NO OIL PRESSURE/LOW OIL PRESSURE

1999 Chrysler Sebring

april1980

February, 22, 2012 AT 2:12 PM

I had my car's oil changed on Sunday and I was told that there was no oil pressure so I had to sign a waiver. I took it to a local garage and had it checked out but they have told me that it's not the oil pump and replaced the oil gage. Again, this did not solve the problem so I am wondering what my next option would be as to what the problem is. When the car is sitting the pressure is low but when your driving it's up where it should be and then when you go to stop it goes back down to low. Please help ! What are my options for solving this problem?

February, 22, 2012 AT 2:25 PM

Sounds like engine bearings -Do you hear any type of thumping noises?

February, 22, 2012 AT 2:29 PM

If the oil pump pressure is good, then you most probably have excessive wear with some of the journal bearings and this would involve stripping the engine, or at least the crank, con rod and camshaft bearings to check for excessive wear.

april1980

February, 22, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

Thank for the replys so quickly. No, there is no kind of knocking or thumping in the engine. The cars engine is strong sounding.

Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Air Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Air Filter Replacement