3

1999 Chrysler Concorde

merk21582

3.2L V6 model. Digital Climate Control panel. My problem is that my heater will only blow out of the front facing vents. I cannot get it to blow on the windshield to defrost/defog my windshield. I cannot get it to blow out of the floor vents. I can control the fan speed and adjust the temperature. The display changes with each button press to indicate what mode it is now in when I press a different mode as well as a digital "beep" to indicate that I pressed a button. But it won't physically change the origin of the flow of heat.

The actuator motor on the housing may be bad causing only vents. Check it to see if the arm moves and changes direction. It is under the dash mounted on the heater housing

jgreff

June, 4, 2013 AT 6:29 AM

Hi: Is there any update or ideas on this issue since? I have a similar problem. The vents were working fine. The temperature changes from A/C to heat and back, the issue is when I push a vent selection button it doesn't switch. Most air comes from face facing vents only.

At one point repair shop, "re-flashed" the PCM or something and it worked for a a couple of weeks. I replaced the PCM and am certain the thing worked, but stopped again.

Any ideas on this? Doesn't seem like it is the actuator motor to me but who knows. How impossible is it to check? Thanks!

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement