BOTH FRONT DRIVER AND PASSENGER BRAKES STICK ...

1999 Chevrolet Suburban

annwhit

February, 28, 2013 AT 9:40 PM

Both front driver and passenger brakes stick and will not release the wheels get real hot cant touch. Have gotten so hot they melted ABS wires so had to replace them.I have replaced the brake pads, calipers, rubber brake lines and master cylender new break fluid. What could it be.

caradiodoc

February, 28, 2013 AT 10:17 PM

Next time they lock up, loosen the steel lines at the master cylinder. If that lets them release, the brake fluid was contaminated with a petroleum product. That will be a very expensive repair. If that appears to be the cause, get the brakes to lock up again, then loosen the mounting nuts for the master cylinder and pull it forward from the power booster 1/8". If THAT lets them release, check the adjustment of the brake light switch or for something else holding the brake pedal down a little.

If loosening the lines at the master cylinder doesn't help, loosen them at the ABS hydraulic controller. If that is what's holding the brake fluid under pressure, replace the controller.

annwhit

February, 28, 2013 AT 11:23 PM

Why can't I bleed the back lines

caradiodoc

February, 28, 2013 AT 11:33 PM

What are you doing or what isn't working? Are the bleeder screws plugged with dirt? Does brake fluid come out if you push the brake pedal?

annwhit

March, 1, 2013 AT 12:49 AM

Put new mastercylinder on bleeding brakes then back ones just quit pushing out fluid. Front ones still sticking and getting hot

caradiodoc

March, 1, 2013 AT 5:02 AM

What happened when you loosened the steel lines?

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3