FOG LIGHS AND BCM

1999 Chevrolet S-10

Justin56

September, 25, 2012 AT 10:02 PM

I have a 99 S-10 I have added all othe the OEM parts for the factory foglights. Before I started I made sure the relay and fuse was in the fuse block under the hood which it was. Haveing that done all I need was the BCM reprogrammed I took it to a dealership and they told me it cannot be done. I have read on several forums that it can be done. What is the right answer can it or can it not be done?

Electrical

hmac300

September, 26, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

I dont' know why it can't be, try a gmc dealer if you have one near, the chevy guy just may not know how or want to.

Justin56

September, 26, 2012 AT 3:21 AM

Yea ill give one a call tomorrow and explain what im doin and see if I get a better responce.

Justin56

October, 30, 2012 AT 6:04 PM

I took it to my local GM dealer they told me it cannot be done but I could buy a new BCM to the tune of $600 and it could be programmed then. I took it to a different dealership they contacted GM and was told chevy it cannot be done. The second dealership said even tho chevy says no they think it can but doesnt want to tie up a tech to do it.I work in a dealership that at one time sold new chevrolet and have a few techs that would have done it. SO this dealership that told me they dont wanna tie up a tech is more of a custimer service issue than the fact that the BCM can or cannot be reprogrammed. I just want to know if it can be done from someone who has actually done not heard about it.

hmac300

October, 30, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

You don't have to repalce a bcm to reprogram it. I thinkit's a dealer issue and maybe try a garage that has a pro type tuner or a if they have a tech 2 they can do it as well.

saturntech9

October, 30, 2012 AT 7:57 PM

They will need a tech2 and also have tis 2000 to reprogram the bcm or otc scan tool with sps programing etc.