1999 CHEVROLET BLAZER HELP PLEASE!!

• shane32weaver
  • 1999 Chevrolet Blazer
  • automatic

My 1999 blazer will only start if I pour gas into the throttle body. It runs fine after that unless I give it a lot of gas, then it hesitates real bad. Had the fuel pressure checked not too long ago & was told it was good. I have to pour gas in the throttle body every time to get it running. Can you help me please? It's too good of a truck to let go for this reason.

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 AT 4:14 PM

• caradiodoc

There's two common things to look at. First of all, depending on the type of fuel injection system you have, some GM engines won't start if the fuel pressure is as little as two pounds low. At roughly 50 pounds, that's not much leeway. My vehicles run around 50 pounds and will run fine down to as low as 20 psi. That is common and makes it hard to believe that two pounds can make that much trouble on some GM engines.

The next thing to consider is if the intake air temperature sensor is reading correctly. If it's reading a higher temperature than it should, you won't get enough fuel for starting.

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 AT 5:50 PM
  • shane32weaver

Very helpful. I'll check those 2 things tomorrow. Thank you sir!

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 AT 6:24 PM
  • caradiodoc

Hahahahaha. I'm not a "sir"! That was my father.

Holler back with the solution if you find it.

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 AT 4:47 PM