1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel. Using Puller (J-24319-01), separate suspension adjustment link from control arm. Remove coil spring. Remove ball joint cotter pin and nut.
2. Turn nut upside down and install onto ball joint stud (flat portion facing upward). DO NOT tighten nut. Using Puller (J-34505), separate ball joint stud from control arm by backing off inverted nut against puller. Remove control arm pivot bolts and remove control arm.
To install, reverse removal procedure, install NEW ball joint nut. With vehicle at normal riding height, tighten control arm pivot nuts or bolts) to specification. Tighten stabilizer bar bolts to specification.
CONTROL ARM BUSHING
Control arm bushings are different sizes, requiring different combinations of removers/installers for replacement.
1. Remove control arm. Install Spacer (J-22222-5 or J-33793-5) according to bushing size in control arm. Position Receiver Tube (J-25317-2) and Cap (J-29376-7) on outside of control arm. See Fig. 6. Ensure receiver tube does not contact bushing flange.
2. Coat threaded portion of Bolt and Bearing (J-21474-19) with grease. Install bolt through receiver, cap and bushing. Install Remover (J-22222-2 or J-28685-2) onto bolt at inner side of control arm with small end contacting bushing.
3. Place bearing on bolt, and install Nut (J-21474-18). Tighten nut to remove bushing from control arm.
1. Install NEW bushing in control arm with flanged end facing outward. Install proper sized spacer on bushing. Position receiver tube and cap on inside of control arm.
2. Center receiver tube over hole. Coat threaded portion of bolt and bearing with grease. Install bolt through receiver, cap and bushing. Place installer on bolt at outer side of control arm with large end contacting bushing flange.
3. Place bearing on bolt and install nut. Bearing must be positioned between nut and installer. Tighten nut and draw bushing into control arm until bushing flange seats firmly against control arm. Reinstall control arm.
Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 12:04 PM