PROBLEMS WITH THE ENGINE IDLE

• grdnrider
  • 1998 Saturn SW1

Had problems with the idle and replaced the vacuum hose as instructed and it is still doing it, and also have alot of oil in one of my spark plugs. There is alot of oil in one of my spark plugs and the idle is still really high

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 5:22 PM

• DrCranknWrench

I am giving you a walk through diagnostic for your situation. It sounds like you may have a leaking head gasket. You can get a compression test will tell you if you need a head gasket. This is discussed in the diagnostic.Just use the link below;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-idles-too-high

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 6:48 PM
  • saturntech9

Just add to this one please dont start a new question to post a reply its confusing for everyone. Post all replies to the question you asked. Also I never said to replace the hose I said to chek it. So do your spark plugs face straight up or at a angle towards the front of the car?Is there oil on the outside of the plugs or the inside where they go inside the head?

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 6:53 PM