PROBLEM, BOILING WATER.

1998 Saturn SC2

bbarbo9

August, 6, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

Car resivor keeps boiling water, new thermostat, no leaks, drinks all the water. Then engine starts running hot.

Running Hot

August, 6, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Pressure test the cooling system-also the radiator cap-continues to run hot use a chemical tester to check for a blown headgasket-fans coming On?

saturntech9

August, 7, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

Just to add to this one the most common reason for those cars to overheat is a bad coolant temp sensor. Then a bad radiator fan motor. The radiator caps are only 6.00 so you might as well just get one. With all that boiling over its probably not any good anyways. Also does you ac work?If so turn it on and see if your radiator fan comes on?If the fan comes on then I would replace the coolant temp sensor and inspect the inside of the connector going to it. If the terminals are blue or green instead of silver then you will need to replace the connector also. The sensors crack and leak coolant inside the connectors corroding them. Also replace the radiator cap. Let me know what you find if your ac doesnt work let me know I have another way to kick the fan on to test it.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser