PLEASE HELP MY

1998 Saturn SC2

mzdman

March, 6, 2011 AT 5:06 AM

1998 Saturn sc2 every once in a while turn key one click turn key again one click than next time stars battery and alt fine please help

dopa99

March, 6, 2011 AT 5:27 AM

Bad starter

mzdman

March, 6, 2011 AT 5:55 AM

It started after I hit a bump and my stereo fried. I had loose connections on starter the positive nut was almost all the way unthreaded I just bought starter putting it in tomorrow hope it helps thanks

mzdman

March, 6, 2011 AT 5:59 AM

Would I starter do it intermittently cause can go all day no issues than all of a sudden it does it

saturntech9

March, 6, 2011 AT 4:06 PM

If your large positive battery cable was loose on the starter I would have started by tightening that up and see if it started every time after that. Sound's like it was just a loose cable. Could save you the cost of the starter. Let me know what you find.

mzdman

March, 6, 2011 AT 4:49 PM

I tightened all battery connections at all points. Went fine for 2 days did it again yesterday and not today. Starter?

saturntech9

March, 6, 2011 AT 8:55 PM

Do you have a test light or a multimeter?If so next time the starter doesn't work see if the little purple wire to the starter is getting power with the key in the start position. If it is then you have a bad starter. Let me know what you find.

Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator testing done right
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler