AIR INTAKE SENSOR

• ClintCowser
  • 1998 Saturn SC2
  • automatic

My service engine light is on, so I had it checked out at AutoZone. The result came to be an Air Intake Sensor. Where in the world do you replace this at? Thanks for the help.

Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 AT 3:33 PM

• saturntech9

It's screwed into the air box where your air filter goes there is a little tube that comes off it to let in fresh air that is where you will find the sensor also inspect the connector and wires going to it.

Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 AT 4:07 PM
  • ClintCowser

Just got a valve cover gasket for my 98 Saturn SC2, is this a hard job to perform at the house? Is there anything in particular I need to be aware of? Do I need to drain the oil prior to performing this task? Thanks for the help

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 AT 7:00 PM
  • saturntech9

No its a pretty simple job you can do at your house you dont have to drain the oil. Before you put the valve cover back on though you need to put a bead of silicone across where the front cover meets the head on both sides. The side by the intake and the side by the exhaust If you dont it will leak pretty bad.I recomend using permatex ultra grey silicone.

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 AT 7:33 PM
  • ClintCowser

Awesome, greatly appreciate the help. I also purchased those rubber garmets for the plug well, I am assuming they just pop out and replace them with the new ones?

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 AT 7:42 PM
  • saturntech9

Yes they do if you get the fell pro gasket it comes with the gasket and all the bolt grouments also.

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 AT 8:04 PM