WHY DOES MY ENGINE LIGHT COME ON AFTER REPLACING...

1998 Pontiac Sunfire

terriwilliams

February, 14, 2013 AT 7:32 AM

Why does my engine light come on after replacing temperature sensor? Replaced the sensor because my temp guage kept going up & down, worked fine for a couple days then engine light came on

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:12 PM

Scan for codes it may be something else

terriwilliams

February, 14, 2013 AT 10:05 PM

Did that said it was my temp sensor they cleard it ran fine for a little while now engine light on again & gauge not working right

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 10:16 PM

Then have it checked for a shorted wire or have apro look at it to see what is wrong

terriwilliams

February, 16, 2013 AT 8:10 PM

Thought you were a pro should of had a pro look at instead of wasting my time with a pro?

hmac300

February, 16, 2013 AT 8:43 PM

Look it pal there is a bunch of things that can be wrong I can't check shorted wires or resistance in sensors to see if they are good or not. If the sensor was from china hard telling whether it worked or not. You rgauges aren't working right per YOU as your dash is digitally operated it can be a bad dash that is why I sen tyou to a pro I cna't do that over the computer. We give the best advice we can

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser