TRUNK

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

MATRIX101

August, 9, 2010 AT 9:27 AM

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

MY TRUNK WONT OPEN WITH THE KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE DEVICE. NOR WITH THE BUTTON FROM THE INSIDE. BUT I HEAR A CLICK SOUND WHEN I TRY THE BUTTON LIKE SOMETHING TRYING TO ENGAGE, I HAVE CHECKED THE FUSS AND THERE ARE NO BLOWN FUSS
MATTER OF FACT I DIDNT EVEN SEE A FUSS FOR THE TRUNK.

bluelightnin6

October, 20, 2010 AT 8:57 PM

If you hear clicking than the fuse for the trunk is fine. Since you can hear the little solenoid click when you press the button but it doesn't open, it may be that the trunk latch needs to be lubricated or hasn't been closed fully the last time.A light push down on the trunk lid may be all that is needed to fully close it and reset the latch mechanism. Despite common thought, slamming the trunk is rarely needed and usually subjects the electrical parts to higher stress, causing them to fail early.

bendak

September, 17, 2011 AT 1:56 AM

I have the same problem, and hear the clicking in the glove box when I hit the button.
How do I know how to fix the 'trunk 'latch' in the trunk?
Where can I get a good latch?
My 99 intrigue is very similar to matrix problem.

Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML