ENGINE REMOVAL

1998 Nissan Altima

juanm

December, 1, 2013 AT 12:20 AM

I'm removing the engine from this car and ran into a problem with an AC line from a cylinder next to the radiator to the wall thats in the way. I have some articles that say I must uninstall from bottom of vehicle but I can't because of the tools (don't have a lot) and where I'm doing the job. The car doesn't run, hell the engine wont eveing turn over. I'm trying to find out what I have to do to drain the refrigerant to remove that line or if you guys have any suggestions on this matter, please.

December, 1, 2013 AT 1:37 AM

Discharging of referigerant requires a special recovery machine. For those who don't care, you can simply install a adaptor and discharge to the atmosphere.

juanm

December, 1, 2013 AT 11:46 AM

Dont know why you would reply back like that, but that didn't help me a lot. This is my first time attempting this. Dont know what this machine is nor how to use it. I was just asking for some help. Yes, I do care, thats why I was asking?'S. Thank you and god bless.

December, 1, 2013 AT 4:22 PM

The machine is a very expensive equipment used by air cond specialist for keeping the freon from being released to the atmosphere. You would have to send your vehicle to shops that have it.

Air Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement