MY CAR STOP WORKING THE CAR WAS ON I WAS WORKING...

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage

Anonymous

October, 18, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

My car stop working, the car was on I was working on the exaust system, by accident I cut the cord of the co sensor I guess, is the one that goes after the catalytic converter, and the car stop working, it does crank, the batery is good the ingnition is good, the fuel injection is good, I replace the sensor, replace the spark plugs, even the coil that substitute the distributor in my vehicle, is s 97 mitusubishi mirage, 1.8, I dont know what else to do to have the car running, I think is a eletrical problem

caradiodoc

October, 18, 2012 AT 10:26 PM

Check the fuses. If you cut the harness going to an oxygen sensor while the engine was running, you would have shorted out the 12 volts that feeds the heaters in those sensors. That would blow the same fuse that feeds the ignition coil and injectors. You shouldn't even be thinking about replacing a bunch of other parts. They didn't go bad all of a sudden. You're adding a bunch more variables.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500