HOW TO TEST THE (DPFE) AND (EGV) SOLNOID

1998 Mercury Mystique

Ronski

December, 2, 2011 AT 4:14 PM

1998 mercury mystique 2.5, V6 and where is the manifold port that needs to be clean out. Do I have to remove the manifold. I can't find a diagram for this cars egr route any where, I would like to know what it looks like so I can do tests from A to B. In other words, where do the hoses come from that attach to DPFE and soforth. When this gets all figured out, how do I rest, so the check engine light won't come back on. I'm getting P0401 code so I wont to go through everything and make sure my (DPFE) and (EGV) soleniod are good also. I know how to check egr valve. THANKS AGAIN!

December, 2, 2011 AT 5:10 PM

The dpfe is checked through a scan tool. It has a voltage change based upon load changes.

A bad cat can cause a dpfe failure as well from excessive back pressure. These checks are best left to a shop familiar with these types of repairs.