Location Ignition Control Modular(ICM), found.

YANKEECATTER
  • 1998 MERCURY MYSTIQUE

Location Ignition Control Modular(ICM), found Power Control Modular(PCM), but have not found ICM!NO fire from Coil Pack, so replaced with NEW. Still no spark/fire from coils, but power at connector on one wire. Please tell me where this ICM is located. Ron

Friday, February 22nd, 2013 AT 4:20 PM

SATURNTECH9

See if you have a flashing ground to the other wire going to the coil while cranking?

Friday, February 22nd, 2013 AT 8:37 PM
YANKEECATTER

How does that tell me where Ignition Control Modular is located?Thanks for your reply.

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 6:51 PM
SATURNTECH9

I was just trying to get more info which engine do you have 2.0 or 2.5L?

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 7:30 PM
YANKEECATTER

I'm sorry, it's a 2.5L-thanks again

Monday, February 25th, 2013 AT 4:10 PM
SATURNTECH9

I can't find the location of it anywhere in my online repair info possibly the intake manifold back of the engine area?I see them for sale for that car I am going to ask another moderator. Also any codes?Have you checked the crankshaft position sensor yet?

Monday, February 25th, 2013 AT 8:29 PM
YANKEECATTER

Thanks for your dedicated effort.I also have tried repair info on line(autozone/alldata)a couple forums/blogs and this website.I've purchased coil pack-put on & still no fire to spark plug, so I checked ICM price & shutterred when they said $250.00 new, but purchased anyway. Proceeded to look for Said ICM, have windshield wiper covers off, inner fenderwels both off, battery & powerbox out or moveable. Jacked up 1 1/2 foot off floor, both front tires off etc, etc. Then I've started under rightside interior panels, power control modular taken out and I'm headed for the headlights and front grille, next. Did I mention it's a Canadian production model?
Enjoy the evening, I'm going to!

Monday, February 25th, 2013 AT 9:51 PM
SATURNTECH9

Have you checked the crank shaft position sensor?I would check that it will cause no spark and you can check it with a multi meter to test it. The other moderator I asked couldn't find it ethier and thought it was inter grated into the pcm.

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 AT 3:35 AM
YANKEECATTER

I hope & pray you & your friend are right.I'll still pull headlites just for the sake of it.I'll purchase a sensor for $14.00 about, and return ICM which will be like Xmas all over.($200.- $14.00 = $186.00 gift. LOL
What can I do for U?Already said a couple prayers for U and yours.
Thanks! Ron

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 AT 4:14 PM
SATURNTECH9

Thank you for the prayers measure the resistance of the old crank sensor?

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 AT 8:35 PM
YANKEECATTER

What should resistance be?And is that measured at sensor pins(looks like 2 pins, without taking off connect). Thanks in advance for your help. Ronnie

Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 AT 3:28 PM
SATURNTECH9

You would unplug the sensor and measure across the terminals of the sensor. I can't find the spec on it bit most sensors are usually between 800-1200 ohms.

Thursday, February 28th, 2013 AT 4:34 AM
YANKEECATTER

Great I'll do that.
Thanks ron

Thursday, February 28th, 2013 AT 6:23 PM
SATURNTECH9

Keep me posted

Thursday, February 28th, 2013 AT 10:06 PM
YANKEECATTER

Hi saturntech9,
sorry it's taken so long to get back to u, but the good part is I changed the crank sensor and now it runs!Yarr Whoo! Thanks very much for your help. Hope it's a while before I run into this problem again.
GOD BLESS you and your family.
Sincerely Ron M

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 AT 4:27 PM
SATURNTECH9

Thats why I asked about the crank sensor glad to hear you got it running your welcome.

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 AT 2:54 AM