NO REAR LIGHTS, TURN SIGNALS OR DASH LIGHTS

1998 Mercury Mystique

emead1979

April, 4, 2012 AT 5:14 PM

Hi, my 98 mystique has a few issues. On the dash, the hazard blinkers work, but when I use turn signals, they do not. Also, all of my rear lights, brake, tail, signals, etc. Work sporadically or not at all. Is this a turn signal relay problem or something electrical?

fixitmr

April, 4, 2012 AT 7:26 PM

So the dash indicators and outside bulbs come on but dont blink or nothing happens?

emead1979

April, 4, 2012 AT 7:32 PM

No, none of the lights are working properly. The turn signal lights on the dash only work if you have the hazard lights on. And the rear brake lights, tail lights, or turn signals aren't working. My friend followed me home the other day and said that at one stop, one light would work, and another, a different light would work, then, nothing. Weird.

fixitmr

April, 4, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

You checked fuses 12 10 23 24?

amberbradley

August, 15, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

There is a short in one of the wires in your steering wheel column. Remove the bottom Cover on the steering wheel. Held by 3 screws- (Phillips) After removing the 3 screws take it off slowly and Carefully. After removing the bottom cover to the steering wheel column You'll be able to see the wiring Harness on the left side of steering wheel. Carefully take your hand (While you have the turn signal in the ON position) and move the wires a bit? Until your blinkers start working. I have fixed 2 different model Mystique's with this method. Give it a try : )

amberbradley

August, 15, 2012 AT 4:46 PM

And as far as your Brake lights. Well let me ask you this. Does your trunk leak water after it rains at all? Usually near the the middle of the trunk lid

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Window Switch Replacement and Test