HOW TO FIX, STUCK IN DEFAULT DEFROST?

1998 Mercury Mystique

HUTCH

April, 20, 2012 AT 10:54 AM

1998 Mercury Mystique stuck in default defrost, how can I repair this problem (IS THERE A VIDEO & WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM). Thanks again!

cadieman

April, 20, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

This is caused by low vaccum. Youll need to check the vacuum at the servo that controls the defroster door.

HUTCH

April, 21, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

Hi, cadieman! HUTCH here, this servos your talking about, is this located inside under dash by heater core? Is this also called something like a check valve, where I have to remove the inside center console? HOW DO I CHECK THIS? HELP ME OUT WILL YOU? I really appreciate all the help! Thanks again! HUTCH

HUTCH

April, 21, 2012 AT 2:34 AM

cadieman

April, 22, 2012 AT 10:41 AM

The servo is the one by the heater core. Youll need a vacuum tool check the vacuum at the hose. Then u check the servo for proper oper. You pump the tool and the servo operates in and holds vacuum wthout loosing air.U will have to check the vacuum in the sys.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Climate Control Stuck on Defrost?
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core