How to fix, 1998 Mercury Mystique stuck in default defrost?

HUTCH
  • 1998 MERCURY MYSTIQUE

1998 Mercury Mystique stuck in default defrost, how can I repair this problem (IS THERE A VIDEO & WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM). Thanks again!

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 10:54 AM

CADIEMAN

This is caused by low vaccum. Youll need to check the vacuum at the servo that controls the defroster door.

Friday, April 20th, 2012 AT 11:22 PM
HUTCH

Hi, cadieman! HUTCH here, this servos your talking about, is this located inside under dash by heater core? Is this also called something like a check valve, where I have to remove the inside center console? HOW DO I CHECK THIS? HELP ME OUT WILL YOU? I really appreciate all the help! Thanks again! HUTCH

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 AT 2:32 AM
CADIEMAN

The servo is the one by the heater core. Youll need a vacuum tool check the vacuum at the hose. Then u check the servo for proper oper. You pump the tool and the servo operates in and holds vacuum wthout loosing air.U will have to check the vacuum in the sys.

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 10:41 AM