AIR CONDITIONER, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ETC

1998 Mercury Mystique

mwc6628

March, 28, 2012 AT 1:15 AM

1998 Mercury mystique 2.0, I have replaced wiring harness, pcm, thermostat, temp gauge sensor, fan sensor and here is the problem. The check engine light is on showing bank one lean. Now here is another problem when you hook up the wire to the fan sensor the air conditioner stops working and the fan runs at the high speed. Unplug the wire and air conditioner works. I have tried everthing I know to fix but no luck HELP

rivermikerat

March, 29, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

For the CEL, have it scanned for all codes, soft and hard.

I'll have to see if someone else can help you with the AC problem. But I would check that wire to see if it's grounded anywhere. Our reference source is being mean to me, so I can't see wiring schematics.

mwc6628

March, 29, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

I am sorry when you unplug the sensor the fan runs on high even if the engine is cold and the ac works good but cycles on the compressor, when you plug it back up fan runs normal but ac does not work runs for about 15 seconds then shuts down. Had them backwards sorry.

March, 29, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

Is this fixed yet or what?

rivermikerat

March, 29, 2012 AT 9:20 PM

The cooling fan runs on high? Or the AC blower fan, blowing air into the passenger compartment?

By "sensor" I presume you mean the coolant temperature sensor in the block?

No, ras, not yet. Mit1 isn't letting me look at circuit schematics or diagrams for this vehicle.

Wrenchtech

March, 29, 2012 AT 10:31 PM

You need to be more specific about what sensor you are unplugging because that car doesn't have a fan sensor. Do you have a scan tool to access temp data from the computer.

March, 30, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

Mit1 won't give up the schematics

rivermikerat

March, 30, 2012 AT 12:47 AM

Bless AllData! Thanks Wrenchtech.

Wrenchtech

March, 30, 2012 AT 12:50 AM

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else. This one's going to be hard to instruct.

rivermikerat

March, 30, 2012 AT 4:00 AM

Having the schematic will make it easier than not having it.

March, 30, 2012 AT 9:42 AM

Now were cooking -Where's the beef at