ERROR CODES P1309, P0304, P0305

1998 Lincoln Navigator

apac408

January, 8, 2011 AT 7:47 AM

I have a 98 lincoln navigator 4x4 and hooked up a obd reader to it and pulled the codes p1309, p0304, and p0305. Now I have replaced the crankshaft and camshaft position sensor. The car still shakes, idles, ******, poor acceleration, gas mileage, hesitates, loud wind sound coming from the undercarriage of the car, also burnt smell coming what seems to be from the spark plugs. And I also hear like a loud whistling sound. Now in reference to the p1309 code if I changed both the crankshaft and camshaft position sensor synchronized them, than is one of the wire from my pcm or my pcm actually faulty?

Wrenchtech

I'm not sure why you started changing any sensors. All your problems apply to misfire issues. The PO304 and PO305 indicate misfire in cylinders 4 and 5. On that engine they have a ton of problems with the individual coils.I don't know how many miles are on your plugs now but I would be replacing the 2 coils in 4 and 5 and all the plugs if they have any age on them. That is no fun job to do on that truck either.

Wrenchtech

As for the whistling noise, make sure you have no vacuum leaks but I kinda doubt that because you have no lean codes.

etheger

March, 4, 2011 AT 5:09 AM

I have almost the same issue, mine is a 98 expedition with a little over 170,000 except I have a third missfiring cyl. I have not even started into it yet. Could the three missfiring cylenders cause the p1309 code? I will be replacing coils, plugs and wires this weekend in hopes to clear everything up.

etheger

March, 5, 2011 AT 8:17 AM

Ok, I answered my own question. I changed the three coils and fired it up and I ran like a champ! Yes it was one hell of a miserable job! I was going to change all the spark plugs but might have to finish the rest when the other coils go bad, changing spark plugs isnt like it used to be.

Wrenchtech

March, 5, 2011 AT 12:28 PM

Please start another question of your own. We don't address multiple cars in one question

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20