INJECTORS NOT GETTING FIRE

1998 Kia Sportage

kimberlyfarley

September, 3, 2012 AT 4:07 AM

I have a 98 kia sportage with a 2.0 4x4. Recently parked it thinking the fuel pump was going out on it, replaced fuel pump and it wouldnt start. Found out that there wasnt any power going to the fuel pump or to the injectors. Have checked all the fuses they are all fine. I can get it to start only by taking the air intake off and spraying starter fluid in but the minute I quit it dies so I know its not an ignition problem. I ran the fuel pump direct just to see if it would come on and it did but of course still wont start. I have checked all the wires coming out of the ecu with a test light all of them are fine. I am loosing power somewhere between there and the injectors. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help

saturntech9

September, 3, 2012 AT 6:00 AM

With the key in the run position does the connector to to the injector does one side have power?

September, 3, 2012 AT 1:55 PM

WAs the Check Engine Light showing prior to this?

kimberlyfarley

September, 6, 2012 AT 11:11 PM

The check engine light has stayed on in this since it had 23000 miles on it and it didn't throw any codes then so I'm not sure if it did before it quit running or not. The ground on the injectors is fine its the other wire that is not getting power on any of the injectors.

saturntech9

September, 6, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

One side should have a plusing ground while cranking the other side of the connector should have power with the key in the run position.

kimberlyfarley

September, 7, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

That's the problem the ground is working like it's suppose to but the other wire has no power with the key on or while it's cranking on any of the injectors and I have no idea why.

saturntech9

September, 7, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

Have you made sure you have power to both sides of the injector fuse with the key in the run position?

kimberlyfarley

September, 7, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

Yes and it does have power there I guess it's loosing power somewhere between the fuse box and the injectors

September, 7, 2012 AT 2:20 AM

If the MIL is indicating without any trouble codes, you need to be checking why. It can mean a bad PCM or its grounding circuit. It could be the cause of the injectors not working.

The other thing is I believe you are doing the testings wrongly.

The injectors have two wires each, one green on all inkectors and the other would be either Green/Black, White/Green, White/Blue or BlackGreen, depending on cylinder.

Are you using a testlight or DVOM?

saturntech9

September, 7, 2012 AT 2:23 AM

I already tried to explain this one to them if there is no power to injectors that's not the ecm. That would be a wiring issue.

September, 7, 2012 AT 2:28 AM

Saturntech9, my inkling is that between power supply and ground, there is a mix-up. Lol

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang