OXYGEN SENSOR

• R_dizzle
  • 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • automatic

How do you know if you have a bad oxygen sensor and will that cause the check engine light to come on?

Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 5:14 PM

• JDL

I'd check trouble codes before you did anything. Are there any driveability issues. I've seen 02 sensors cause the lite to come on. Without a code or something to point in the right direction, you have no way of knowing the cause.

Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 5:18 PM
  • R_dizzle

I can't really say there have been driving issues but I've been told that I may be missing a sensor and I just got my car fixed last week and the light just came on again. Whenever I get a diagnostic it says I have a random cylinder misfire

Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 5:24 PM
  • asynctea

When I had a bad oxygen sensor on my 98 JGC it acted sorta like a dirty fuel filter -powers loss, but sometimes power surges too -for instance when I was stopped at a stop sign. Don't know how typical that is, but both symptoms stopped when I had it replaced.

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 AT 11:18 PM