I replaced the rear passenger O2 sensor with a dealer O2 sensor in my 98 Isuzu Rodeo, disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, drove the car ~100 miles, the light came back on. Disconnected the battery for 12 hours, drove >200 miles, the check engine light came back on. Is it possible the catalytic converter is shot? The car has >189K miles on it and still runs strong, but I can't get it throughinspection with the check engine light on. Do both battery terminals need to be disconnected - I only disconnected the ground.(Seems like a dumb question, but I'm out of ideas). I'm thinking of bringing the car into the dealer to have them clear the error message/code.
have the same problem?
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 4:53 PM