WHY WAS SMOKE COMING FROM UNDER MY BONNET

1998 Ford Focus

dawny2808

November, 8, 2011 AT 4:49 AM

Smoke was coming from behind the grille of my car the other night, ive checked my radiator & there doesnt seem to be a leak & all the fluids are topped up to where they should be, i.E, oil, brake fluid, my water temp indicator goes to the half way mark on the dial but its always done that since I bought my car in july this year

November, 8, 2011 AT 10:04 AM

You sure its not coming out the cooling system overflow pipe/hose-is it still doing it?

dawny2808

November, 8, 2011 AT 12:22 PM

I took it out yesterday for 1st time since it happened it didnr smoke but water temp indicator went to halfway mark within 10mins of me driving but no warning lights came on & ive checked all the different fluid resevoirs & there topped up ok

November, 8, 2011 AT 6:15 PM

Could be overheating and you're not aware, have it further checked

dawny2808

November, 8, 2011 AT 7:03 PM

Ill get it checked out soon as but I was wondering if you knew the reason it could over heat when all fluids are full & what do you suggest I should do if it starts over heating whilst im driving to garage

November, 8, 2011 AT 7:33 PM

When that needle goes over 220deg-best just pull over and let cool down

Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease