THE TEMPERATURE GAUGE START TO RISE WHEN IN ...

1998 Dodge Stratus

mufteeh

The temperature gauge start to rise when in traffic and AC is ON, but doesn`t rise above the middle when ride on smooth road or when it`s raining, bubbles in the reservoir, I have drained the water in the radiator since I noticed that the water has brownish color and was replaced with anti-freeze and water. But the temp gauge still rise which means my car overheat. Pls what can I do to solve this problem.

hmac300

If it's not on h then it's not overheating, make sure system is full and have pressure checked for internal leaks.

mufteeh

Engine run smooth when AC is not ON, I have checked for any leakages but no leakages, the 2 radiator fan blow well, but what I noticed was that the water reservoir always filled to the hot level when AC is ON. Even thou coolant was added. The temperature gauge start increasing if I stay for about 20 mins in traffic.

mufteeh

How can I check for internal leaks?

hmac300

You need a pressure tool try an auto parts see if they rent one.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230